Regulations and Guidelines
- All participants must register by filling out the online Buy BC: EAT DRINK LOCAL application form and returning it plus payment and the required gift cards to: BC Restaurant and Food Services Association (600 – 890 West Pender Street, Vancouver, BC V6C 1J9). Please note: there will be a $25 returned check admin fee on NSF cheques.
- Participating restaurants will have their online profiles published (made viewable) on the official Buy BC: EAT DRINK LOCAL website once BOTH the registration fee AND required gift cards have been received. No exemptions!
- Participating restaurants MUST provide a PDF version of their designated Buy BC: EAT DRINK LOCAL feature sheet to be posted on the website – other formats will NOT be accepted. Once received, the PDF menu will be posted within two (2) business days.
Please note: menus received within one week of the start of the May Promotion may not be posted within the two (2) business day period due to high volume. Please plan accordingly.
- Participating restaurants agree to create and offer a local food and beverage feature for Buy BC: EAT DRINK LOCAL during the entire promotional period. Standard dinner menus may also be offered.
- Participating restaurants must sign up individually. If part of a chain of restaurants, each location needs to be listed individually and will be included on our map as a separate restaurant. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
- Participating restaurants will include details of BC local producers and products on the menu. Dishes may have a number of BC ingredients; however, to be eligible to meet the core or ‘hero’ ingredient in the dish needs to be grown, harvested or produced in BC and will need to be identified as such. Examples of how to list ingredients can be provided upon request.
- Where possible, suggested pairings with BC wine, craft beer, cider or craft cocktail will add to the experience for your customers and are a great opportunity to expand your local BC promotion.
- Menu items are encouraged to stay consistent throughout the May promotional period – seasonal local offerings can be updated as required.
- Accepting reservations is strongly encouraged. It is the responsibility of each participating restaurant to manage their reservations.