Regulations and Guidelines
- All participants must register by filling out the online Buy BC: EAT DRINK LOCAL application form and returning it to: BC Restaurant and Food Services Association (600 – 890 West Pender Street, Vancouver, BC V6C 1J9). Please note: there will be a $25 returned check admin fee on NSF cheques.
- Participating restaurants will have their online profiles published (made viewable) on the official Buy BC: EAT DRINK LOCAL website once BOTH the registration fee been received. No exemptions!
- Participating restaurants MUST provide a PDF version of their designated Buy BC: EAT DRINK LOCAL feature or local food statement for posting on the website. +Once received, the PDF menu will be posted within two (2) business days.
Please note: menus received within one week of the start of the May Promotion may not be posted within the two (2) business day period due to high volume. Please plan accordingly.
Participating restaurants agree to offer a selection of local food and beverage feature for BUY BC: Eat Drink Local year round and commit to label local ingredients accordingly for customer education.
- Participating restaurants must sign up individually. If part of a chain of restaurants, each location needs to be listed individually in order to be included individually in promotional materials as a separate restaurant. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
- Participating restaurants will include details of BC local producers and products on the menu. Dishes may have a number of BC ingredients,however to be promoted as local the core or 'hero' ingredient in the dish needs to be grown, harvested or produced in BC and will need to be identified as such. Examples of how to list ingredients can be provided upon request.
Where possible, suggested pairings with BC wine, craft beer, cider or craft spirits should be listed as these will add to the experience for your customers and are a great opportunity to expand your local BC promotion.
Menu items are encouraged to stay consistent throughout the May launch month. Seasonal local offerings can be updated as required throughout the year.
Accepting reservations is strongly encouraged. It is the responsibility of each participating restaurant to manage their reservations.