October 05, 2018
Are you looking for some ‘spooktastic’ food ideas this Halloween? Look no further!
If you’re throwing a party, or you just want an excuse to make some creepy food, we’ve got you covered. We’ve done the hard work and compiled a list of some delicious recipes to get you in the Halloween mood.
While there are a lot of Halloween recipes out there (and I mean a lot), here are some of our favourites.
1. “Poison” Candy Apples (Country Living)
For those who don’t mind putting in a little effort – or those who want to impress. BC Granny Smith apples are back in season in October too!
2. Frankenstein Kiwis (Two Healthy Kitchens)
From putting in some effort to putting in just about none – this one is cute, fun, and not difficult at all. Kids will also like it! Bonus – BC Kiwi Fruit is in season in October.
3. Thai Spiced Deviled Eggs (Tadka Pasta)
It’s cute, it’s simple, and it’s delicious.
4. Spiced Chocolate Bat Cookies (Country Living)
You’ll need a cookie cutter for this, but hey – you could also make spiced chocolate ghost cookies, spiced chocolate jack-o-lantern cookies…
5. Bite-Size Eyeballs (Woman’s Day)
Quick and easy to put together, you can use BC cucumbers, some great local cheese and voila!
6. Mac-o’-Lantern and Cheese Bowls (Food Network Canada)
Mac-o’-Lantern – get it? It comes with an edible bowl, using yummy BC peppers.
7. Spooky Eyeball Tacos (Genius Kitchen)
These look genuinely creepy, and if you’re feeding a crowd it’s an easy dinner option!
8. Chocolate Pumpkin Witch Cupcakes (Country Living)
Delicious, and pretty cute too.